Monday, November 30, 2009

Revelations Arrive on a Foggy Day in Incheon.

Today was interesting. A bit of a rollercoaster ride.
I have the day off- I'm taking a few vacation days this week because our students won't have classes. I had plans for lunch today, but they fell through... as fuck. So instead I went up to work, retrieved my iPod, bought some cigarettes and went home.

And the cigarettes fell out of my pocket during my walk.

Regardless, I went up to E-Mart for the first time and found...
Margarine.
PEPPERJACK.
Bulk meat at a cheap price.
SPRAY-ON MOTHERFUCKING STARCH.

So that put me in a good mood. I also did a small bit of Christmas shopping!

Switched some files around with Joel, then had some time to think to myself.

I realized some things about the story I've lived so far... mostly the moral behind it.

Everything you do, say, type... it represents you. Everything. And is everything you do, say and type done, said or typed in a way that you would want to represent you? Think about your standards. Do you meet them? Be honest. Pick yourself apart. If a part of you doesn't meet those standards, then tear it up and start again. Do you want something that seems terribly out of reach? Become the person who deserves it. Don't wait for the final judgment... it happens every day. Do not hesitate. Do not second guess. But do treat your effort as a resource- though it may be intangible, it is valuable. Prioritize. Have a contingency plan together for when the time comes. Focus inward and you'll find that, in doing so, you've exerted pressure outward.

Okay. Going to work on tracks now.

No comments:

Post a Comment