Hey, everybody.
I'm at an internet cafe in Incheon.
It's crazy- you can play just about anything you want here.
It's about 70 cents an hour, so I'll probably be reporting from here until I can get the internet hooked up at home.
I'm still having trouble believing I'm here. It's still a little surreal despite the fact that I can't really read any signs here, I spent most of yesterday without a single Won, etc etc.
I'm starting to catch on, though. Slowly but surely.
Today a fellow teacher is taking me up to the school for training, so I'll be shadowing a few people during their lessons. Looks like I'll be teaching Middle School students, which should be pretty interesting. I'm hoping that we'll be able to connect on a few levels- I'm guessing it'll probably be easier to talk about things like music with them whereas the Elementary School students may not be as interested.
Once I get the internet at home, I'll have a 303 number that you lot can reach me at. Crazy, yeah... but we do live in the future, you know. Also, I don't know my address yet- I know I live at 39 something, apt # 203, Yeonsu-gu, Cheonghak-dong, Incheon... but that's as far as it goes. So hold off on showering me with presents for now. ;)
I'm already starting to feel a little more... I don't know how to describe it... capable? Shaving took me a quarter of the time it usually does. Small things like that. That's a lot of the reason I'm here- I want to grow into myself, if that makes any sense.
What else... oh, I found Doubleshots here. So yes, I will survive. There seems to be espresso flowing from every corner, which is nice. Already feeling a little at home despite the obvious.
The flight was nightmarishly long, and it was bizarre to spend all day flying and end up somewhere at 6:00p the next day. I mean, really now.
Time's a wastin', so I'm going to get an e-mail over to everyone to tell them about this blog site, say hi, etc.
Regards,
토맛
Monday, July 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment