Thursday, July 23, 2009

Quick Update Before Work

Hey, everyone.
Don't have much time before I have to head over to the school.
Probably going to cab it today- there's not much appeal in showing up to work sweating like you just ate three full bowls of kimchi.

I spent a lot of time looking at maps online last night and managed to find a place called Green Mart in the Hambakmaeul neighborhood. Still pretty sure I'm butchering the name of my neighborhood.

So today I managed to walk to this place and pick up some bowls, plates, milk, cereal... all that essential stuff. I'm pretty happy about it; it wasn't easy because some of the landmarks from the maps I was using have changed. For example: the church I was looking for on the corner? It's a bar/PC 방 now.

But yeah, I did manage to find Green Mart and it was pretty awesome. Small, sure, so I still need to stop at Lotte Mart (which I also found on my map) tonight after work. Assuming none of my co-workers have crazy Friday night plans.

Regarding work: I'm hoping that today will be easier. I think I have a good lead on which units the students are on, but I'm not entirely sure. I thought one of my classes was on the unit about the internet yesterday, but it turns out they were on the next unit which involved a bit of listening. Since I thought they were on the previous sans listening unit, I didn't bring a CD player. Made life hard.

We'll see, though. Once I go through this first week of classes I should know exactly where everyone is.

Alright- need to put on the final touches before work. Time to head back home, pick out a good tie, get my bag together and hail a cab (still so very excited that this is possible!) to school.

Words.
-토맛

No comments:

Post a Comment